The mission of Gardendale Elementary School is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where all children can learn and be successful.
· Student learning is the chief priority and the primary focus of all decisions for the school.
· Our school community is committed to continuous improvement to enable our students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
· Parents, teachers, administrators, and the entire community share responsibility for the school’s mission.
· All students learn in different ways and need a variety of instructional approaches.
· Students achieve success through involvement in meaningful, challenging and engaging learning activities.
· Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, cultural, emotional and intellectual needs.
· A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect between students and staff.
· A safe, secure environment is necessary for learning.